The following press releases are arranged by date with the latest first. For more information about specific press releases call 586-4442.
- Booster shot eligibility expands Jan 6, 2022 - HONOLULU – The Hawai‘i Department of Health (DOH) is adopting the most recent COVID-19 booster shot recommendations issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Effective immediately: DOH recommends a single Pfizer-BioNTech (Pfizer) vaccine booster shot for everyone ages 12 - 17 who completed their primary vaccine series at least five months ago.… Continue Reading
- Survey of civilians affected by Navy water system contamination to begin Jan. 4 Jan 4, 2022 - HONOLULU – At the request of the Hawaiʻi State Department of Health (DOH), a public health team from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR) will conduct a survey beginning January 4, 2022 to investigate the potential health impacts on the civilian population affected… Continue Reading
- DOH Upholds Hearings Officer’s Recommendation on Red Hill Emergency Order Jan 3, 2022 - HONOLULU – The Hawai‘i Department of Health (DOH) finalized its Emergency Order to suspend operations and empty the underground tanks at the Red Hill Bulk Fuel Storage Facility. Deputy Director Marian Tsuji’s final order affirmed Hearings Officer David Day's proposed findings and recommendations. “Today’s decision affirms DOH’s actions to safeguard the drinking water that we… Continue Reading
- DOH revises state’s isolation & quarantine policy Dec 29, 2021 - HONOLULU – The Hawai‘i Department of Health (DOH) is revising the state’s COVID-19 isolation and quarantine policies to closely align with recommendations made by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). These changes are effective Monday, January 3, 2022 for all DOH directed isolation and quarantine. If COVID-19 positive regardless of vaccination status Isolate… Continue Reading
- DOH provides bridge COVID-19 testing during winter break Dec 27, 2021 - HONOLULU – The Hawai‘i Department of Health (DOH) is expanding access to free COVID-19 testing on O‘ahu by providing families with community testing options during winter break. “DOH recognizes the importance of providing increased testing capacity to families and the community, especially while school testing programs are paused during the winter break,” said Health Director… Continue Reading
More news releases
Archived news releases
Press releases are issued by the Department of Health through its Communications Office. Releases are sent to all major media throughout the state unless the information is specific to a particular issue or island.
Looking for a PDF?
You may download a PDF at the bottom of each news release.
You may need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed before you access the PDFs. Acrobat Reader is free and can be downloaded here: